Choosing Your Solar System
Important considerations to select the optimum solution to your energy requirements:
- A Solar Thermal System will reduce energy consumption by 6 – 10 kWh per day.
- It cost approximately R 20 000 per unit – depending on type and capacity.
Load Shedding Back-up
- A lead acid battery/inverter backup system to supply electricity for LED lights, TV, decoder, personal computer, garage door and security for 4 hours will cost approximately R35 000.
- This backup system will, however not by ideal for the future upgrade with PV panels and MrSola do not supply this category of product.
- A back-up system that can be converted to a quality PV installation costs approximately R 90 000 for a 5 kW system.
- A grid-tie Solar PV installation with 3.6 kW panel array and 3.6 kW inverter will cost approximately R 90 000 (VAT incl.).
- This system will not have any backup for electricity when the sun is not shining.
- A 4.6 kW hybrid system with a 7.0 kWh battery bank, will cost approximately R 165 000 (VAT incl.). A yield of approximately 18 kWh per day can be expected.
- The cost of going off-grid will start from R 300 000 upwards
Options to Empower
You with Solar Energy
Important considerations to select the optimum solution to your energy requirements